Louisville #5 Best Cycling City
Louisville makes list of 10-best cycling cities
1. Austin. Lance Armstrong’s bike shop Mellow Johnny’s is here. Then there’s the Veloway, a 3-mile course in South Austin.
2. Boulder, Colo. From family-friendly paths to leg-searing climbs, Boulder has over 300 miles of dedicated bike paths, lanes and roads with shoulders.
3. Hayward and Cable, Wis. The Chequamegon Area Mountain Bike Associationhas developed a trail system with something for all skill levels. The area is also home to the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival (three days of bicycling adventure), including the country’s largest mass start point-to-point race.
4. Jackson Hole, Wyo. Road bikers will enjoy the Jackson Hole Community Pathway, the bicycle and pedestrian pathway that leads you around town and all the way to Jenny Lake in Grand Teton National Park. The Greater Snow King Trail Network is home to many mountain bike rides.
5. Louisville. A vibrant city center with outlying bucolic vistas make Louisville a beautiful bicycling backdrop. Most popular is the 8-mile Louisville Riverwalk along the Ohio River and around downtown.
6. Minneapolis. This city features 92 miles of on-street bikeways and 85 miles of off-street.
7. Portland, Ore. There are dozens of interlocking trails that make this urban area great for short and multi-day rides.
8. Roanoke Valley, Va. The Art by Bike path meanders through homespun neighborhoods, the Roanoke Valley War Memorial, a garden and downtown proper.
9. San Diego. The Silver Strandon the island of Coronado runs parallel to San Diego Bay and is one of the most beautiful cyclist-friendly routes in Southern California.
10. Tucson. Key trails include The Loop, developed around Tucson/Pima County.